- Correctly and legibly filled out application
- Proof of honorable service (copy of last evaluation report if active duty and supervisor recommendation or DD214 discharge papers)
- Copy of picture ID (not military ID)
- One page legible summary of why applicant wants to be a member of Sigma Phi Psi
- Certified copy of birth certificate (verifying birth gender)
- Cannot have ever been a member of another military greek letter organization (any other GLO is acceptable)
- Payment of application fee is good for 1 year
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How is the membership fee spent?
A: Your fee covers the cost of your pledge, initiation and new Soror items (excludes travel to initiation).
Q: Can I join Sigma Phi Psi if I am a member of another Greek letter organization?
A: We are unable to accept/process applications if you are affiliated with another Greek letter military sorority now or ever. Membership in a National Panhellenic Conference (NPC) or National Pan-Hellenic Council (NPHC) sorority WILL NOT prevent you from joining.
Q: Can you explain how the National line differs from regular pledge lines?
A: To accommodate candidates in cities where we do not have established chapters, we host National
Lines. Our National Lines consist of candidates from across the globe seeking sorority membership. Candidates that do not have an established chapter within their state may join a chapter within a 200 mile radius or become a member at large.
Q: Can you provide information about the pledge process?
A: Our Pledge Process serves as a candidate’s introduction to Sigma Phi Psi. It is also a time for
candidates to get to know current members and other candidates. At the end of the Pledge Process,
candidates who successfully complete all of the required tasks and receive a favorable vote from their
Big Sisters are extended an invitation to join. Candidates that accept the invitation will be initiated into our organization.
Q: Can I form a Chapter in my city once I complete the pledge process?
A: Sorors who wish to establish their own chapters (after initiation) have the option to do so. All
requirements for establishing a new chapter must be met.
Q: How long is the pledge process?
A: The pledge process is 12 -18 weeks.
If you have a question that is not answered above, please feel free to contact us via our ‘contact’ page.